Friday, February 16

A Video Lesson

By A.man.I
I've always had an interest in teaching, and I had the opportunity to teach video production at a Tampa community college for about three years when I lived there.

I would encourage anyone to take a class or two at a community college if you've ever considered learning about journalism, or video production. I got my first taste of broadcasting at a SF Bay Area community college (College of San Mateo), where I had the chance to work as a radio announcer, and TV producer. That lead to more opportunities and before I knew it, I was in Tampa, Florida reporting the news.

I'm now in Atlanta where I've become an advocate of the emerging form of journalism, most commonly known as citizen journalism. Since I'm now looking for grassroots journalism stories that focus on urban issues, I figured some of the Atlanta colleges may be a good source for stories.

It just so happened that one of the instructors is teaching journalism students about broadcasting this semester. Since this is my area of specialty, he asked me to lead a few class discussions on video basics.

The class is made up of a small group of seniors, who seemed very skeptical at first about having to learn about video. They're going to have to produce a video story for their mid-term project, so I'm giving them a production crash course.

Watch the video below.

YouTube video
Download video

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Levois said...

Great lesson I just wish I had enrolled myself in such a course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home