Monday, January 1

Happy New Year!!!

From A.man.I
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Greetings, and blessings to all in the 2007!!! It's hard to believe that 2006 is now in the history books. Journalist Ed Bradley, the legendary James Brown, and President Ford passed, and whle it is easy to reminisce and reflect, this is a time to set personal goals, and look towards the future.

We're living in exciting times, especially for a media hound like me. There's a full-fledged revolution occurring which is reshaping the way we teach, learn, and inform each other. People no longer have to exclusively depend on mainstream media (TV/newspapers) for information. I'm not saying we don't need mainstream media, and professional watchdogs that journalists should be, however, I've personally experienced the power of blogs.

When James Brown passed, I learned of the "breaking news," not from one of the mainstream outlets, but, rather a blogger, who posted the info right after he passed. Sure, blogs are often criticized for being poorly written journals that perpetuate rumors, and spread bad information, but there are numerous examples of credible, well informed writers and journalists who are working to share timely, and accurate stories.

My Urban Report is just one example. Though my background is in broadcast journalism, I'm now dabbling in print, and using some of the skills I've picked up in my 10 plus years working in the media, to do it my way. If you've recently found me online, I thank you for taking the time to read, and watch. My goal is to educate my readers/viewers about the media, share some positive stories that often go ignored in the mainstream, and promote citizen journalism, because now the people, that means you, and I have the power to inform the masses.

Sorry for the long rant, but I have to set the record straight for the 2007.

Thanks for tuning into My Urban Report.

I do this for the love.

Peace.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home