Monday, December 25

R.I.P James Brown

From CNN
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was planning to take the day off from posting, but news happens when it happens. Please take a moment to remember a man who left an undeniable stamp on music. The Godfather of Soul, James Brown passed on Christmas day after being hospitalized for pneumonia. From hip-hop, to funk, and disco, Brown's music influenced countless musicians. His dance moves were imitated by a young Michael Jackson, and his music was sampled by countless rap artists in the 1990's. Brown was socially conscious, revolutionary, and plain ole funky. Brown was born in Barnwell, South Carolina in 1933. He was 73.

My favorite song by him is, "The Big Payback." The funny thing is, I think I heard it sampled in a rap song first. Special thanks to Rhymes with Snitch, for posting the news.

Take a moment of silence for the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, and watch his 1960's hit, "I Feel Good," below.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home