Monday, January 22

Memphis Episode 1

By A.man.I
As promised, I'm bringing you a week of adventures from the National Conference for Media Reform which was held in Memphis Tennessee earlier this month. Throughout my broadcasting career, I've attended a variety of journalism conferences. In this business, the power of networking can not be underestimated. I attended my first NABJ (National Association of Black Journalists) conference while in college. I was invited to the RTNDA's annual gathering after I graduated, and received a News Management Internship through the organization. I've also joined the Atlanta Association of Black Journalists, and I'm planning to attend the NABJ national conference this summer.

Since I'm now working on a citizen journalism show called "UR TV," the Media Reform conference seemed like a great opportunity to learn more about grassroots media, and meet the independent media makers. I've learned a great deal about the blogging movement, and citizen journalism since I started working on the project six months ago. I have also grown to appreciate the power that we all have to be communicators.

Today we travel to Memphis, but end up in Tupelo Mississippi. Later this week, I'll share some of my experiences from the conference. I visit the Lorraine Motel where Dr. King was assassinated. I meet some Memphis locals, and hang out with blip.tv's co-founder Dina Kaplan and a couple of video bloggers.

Episode 1 is below.

YouTube version
Download video (wmv)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home