Thursday, April 12

This Is Personal: Cali Episode 3

by A.man.I

For my few faithful readers, I offer many thanks for your time and attention. When I started this blog in August, I had no idea what I was doing, what I would write about, and who would find My Urban Report.

I know there are friends and family who are "tuning" in, as well as journalists, both print and broadcast. If you didn't know I'm not newbie to TV or news. It's what I do, or at least did. It's my passion. I've worked in the TV news business for more than a decade if you count my college years, and I understand not only the power, but the influence of media.

The Internet is now an important part of the landscape, and other journalists are well aware of it. Last week I met reporter with the Atlanta Journal Constitution. We had lunch, we talked about my career, where I'm going, and where I've been. This article was published today in the paper. I think he did a great job telling my story, but he left a few small details out.

Since I now have the power, I'll show you why I get up every morning and do this. It all started in East Palo Alto, California.

Watch below.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger griftdrift said...

Oh no Amani! You're a Gator?! We may test new social networking waters in seeing if a Seminole and Gator can get along. And given my frequent visits to the Tampa are I thought your face looked familiar. Cool article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home