Thursday, November 30

My Niggahs

From A.man.I

RhymesWithSnitch says:

This s*** need to stop.
What's the difference between this and a Dave Chappelle skit?
Now I understand why Dave went to Africa.


You have to watch both videos below to get some perspective on this discussion, but there is no difference. It's all comedy, and it highlights the fact that the "N" has become commercialized, even on an international level. Though some black leaders are asking people to stop using it completely, it's painfully obvious that there's no way that will EVER happen.

It's a part of U.S. culture, Hip-Hop culture, black people use it casually, and white people use it many ways (some people may say it to make themselves feel superior, and I bet there are plenty of kids from the suburbs who repeat it while listening to their favorite rapper). When I lived in California, I frequently heard Pacific Islanders, and Asians using it with each other like black people do. Sure, if I'm going to be politically correct I'd say, "This is unacceptable. As a society we must understand the origins of the word, and the hate that goes along with it."

This response by AncientRoots more accurately reflects my personal feelings about it:

"It's just a stupid word! Why must we continue to give that word and it's origins so much of our power and energy? We definitely have greater fish to fry like crack being brought into our neighborhoods specifically to contribute to our extinction, THE HOAX TRAP OF AIDS, ABORTION, AND THE GOVERNMENT BEING OUR BABIES DADDY!

Now without furher delay, check out Chapelle's version:



Now, the Japanese version (it's not as funny, but I'm wondering which skit was produced first Chapelle's version, or this one).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home