Monday, March 26

This Guy is Like Me

by A.man.I

I must apologize for my temporary blogging hiatus. I spent all last week in California at the Spring VON conference, and I also met with several independent media producers. Now that my Bay area tour is over, I'll start editing. If you're a regular reader of My Urban Report, you know that I come from a TV news background. When I started my "citizen journalism" venture, I didn't think my mainstream associates would understand the new path that I'm on. Turns out, I'm wrong.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I met another news cat at VON who is just as crazy with his camera as I am. His name is Jim Long, and he founded VergeNewMedia. Jim is actually a NBC network news photographer who's seen the new media light. We had a cool time at VON, and I have much respect for his ethic. He's a one man machine, interviewing, shooting, and editing. His wireless laptop is his satellite truck, and the Internet is his broadcast outlet.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Levois said...

You look like you have a big camera and he looks like he has a lot of equipment on his.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jim.Legington said...

Hey A.man.I,

Did You hear about the goings on of
injustice in Paris, Texas? Prayer Rally
to Help Free Shaquanda Cotton of this
injustice. Here is an Interview with
Cotton's Mother

http://www.dryerbuzz.com/

Raise Your hand and Pray Free Shaquanda Cotton

Would You agree to worldwide prayer on
March 31, 2007 at 12 noon Central Standard
Time (One Hour Prayer)until 1:00PM

And Continue the same time period Every
Saturday Until God's will be done to
Free Shaquanda Cotton of this injustice.


Let's ask God to grant her His grace,
and this now 15 year old daughter can
tell of His goodness to His earth.

God is Good in all His people blessed
in the beloved forevermore.


Is this enough time to begin? Either way,
leave Your comments about that Question on
this Blog "Free Shaquanda Cotton".


And be sure and send Your comments to
Encourage this child of God, chosen to
shine in His workmanship of Jesus Christ
Our Lord.


Be Blessed always! March 31, 2007 -
12Noon to 1PM Central Standard Time -
Let Us Pray Our Lord's voice is heard:


Our Message is: Jesus Is Lord!
Free Shaquanda Cotton for Christ Sakes!

Send it worldwide, a prayer unity begins
|on March 31, 2007

And Continues the same time period Every
Saturday Until God's will be done to
Free Shaquanda Cotton of this injustice.

Please be in prayer!

Can we touch and agree? Comments Requested
Please Everyone Let's Roll!

http://www.freeshaquandacotton.blogspot.com/

Proverbs 16:20 It is written in Our Bible
(Updated NASB)

He who gives attention to the word will find
good, And blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

Remember Our God is Good, Keep Hope Alive!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Grayson: Atlanta, GA said...

Good to see you two met up! Poor Jim, all his MSM colleages think he's lost his mind. We here in New Media World know he's just now finding it.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Mr. Kingrowe Starr said...

Dude, keep grinding. I am with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home